Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Reverb12 Day 11: What was music to your ears?

Before moving to today's Reverb, I want to mention a little about yesterday's reverb:
What was the greatest risk you took in 2012? What was the outcome?

This prompt reminds me the Improv class I took last session, an important thing I learned from that class is taking risk!  But it's a little bit hard for me to figure out what is the "greatest" risk that I ever took. Sometimes, when we think about our past, the "greatest" seems to be not great at all. If I have to choose one, I think it is what I wrote on reverb day 7: trying to "sell" myself! Taking risk and facing what we are afraid of is profitable!

Okay, here comes today's prompt: What was music to your ears in 2012, literally or metaphorically?

This year, I realized that I love ballad and fork songs! To be honest, I was not a music lover especially pop music. By saying not a music lover, I mean I do not listen to it frequently. I usually listen to some soft music before sleep or after getting up, but seldom like other teenagers, stick to earphones during the day. As for pop music, I may have a "prejudice"towards pop songs and I think most them are too "noisy" or only about the so called "love"...

But this year, I changed a lot. The fuse is: I downloaded about 200 pieces of ballad and fork songs. After listen to some of them, I found I feel in love with ballad and fork songs! Most of them are very quite and melodious. I can close my eyes and immerse myself in the sea of the beautiful songs. So now, you may see me wearing my headphone and listening to music during the day!

Below are some of fork songs I recommend, and you cannot miss them!

 End of May- Keren Ann



Albacore-Ani Difranco


Abigail Washburn-Ballad of Treason

Blackmore's night-Memmingen

Nick Drake-Time Has Told Me

Just enjoy them!!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Summer,
    Hope you're travelling well and 2013 has been good to you so far.
    I'm just popping in to let you know about a little #reverb-like blog challenge my friend Meredith and I are offering from August 21 to 31. It's called August Moon and it looks all set to be magic!
    We'd be so excited if you joined us. You can find out more here: http://www.katmcnally.com/p/august-moon-13.html
    Take care,
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chemicals used in industries gives me Leukemia Cancer and it's all started when I wanted to get off my job to get another job that when I got diagnose, at that very point I was so scared to die because it has infected my blood cells also I was prescribed drugs like Cyclophosphamide,Busulfan,Bosutinib,Cytarabine, Cytosar-U (Cytarabine),Dasatinib in all that was just to keep me waiting for my dying day. I got inspired by what I read from a lady called Tara Omar on blog spot on how Dr Itua cure her HIV/Aids then they were lettered below that says he can cure Cancer so I pick his contact on the testimony she wrote then I emailed Dr Itua hopefully he replied swiftly to my mail then I purchased his Herbal medicine also it was shipped to me here in Texas, I went to pick it at post office so he instructs me on how the treatment will take me three weeks to cure my Leukemia Disease, Joyfully I was cured by this Dr Itua Herbal Medicine.
    I will advise you too to give a try to Dr Itua Herbal Medicine with the following diseases that he can help you cure forever___Diabetes, Herpes,HIV/Aids, Bladder Cancer, Breast Cancer, Vaginal Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Lung Cancer, Skin Cancer, Uterine Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Colo_Rectal Cancer, Leukemia Cancer, Hepatitis, Brain Tumors, Love Spell, Infertility, Hpv. GoodLuck.
    Dr Itua Contact Information:::
    Email (info@drituaherbalcenter.com)(drituaherbalcenter@gmai.com)
    WhatsApp-(+2348149277967)

    ReplyDelete