Friday, December 7, 2012

Reverb12 Day 7: What will you take with you?

What's the one thing you want to take with you into 2013?

Of course, the answer is BRAVE!

As you know, I am now trying to be more brave and recently I find brave helps! It is very profitable! Here is what I get from being brave. Sounds like a dream!
It sounds like a beautiful dream! 
I attended a seminar; I encouraged myself to waited to talk with the lecturer; I forced myself to sell myself; and I got the chance!! The professor took away my CV and transcript, and finally he invited me to do some research with him semester! What's more, he would even pay me stipend each month!! That's what I haven't imagined before!! That's what I get from being brave!!

Although the professor is at Mathematics department, not Biostatistics department at which I want to study most, I can stay at Emory next semester,  I can walk by Biostatistics department and talk with professors there, and I may even audit some courses there! I believe these will enhance my chance of being admitted! Well, to talk with the professors and require to audit courses, I need to be brave. So, I will definitely take "BRAVE" with me into the new year!

Yes, be brave! And you will find you can achieve what you think you cannot!

No comments:

Post a Comment