Tuesday, November 6, 2012

First Day: Be Brave to Ask a Question!


I should write this yesterday! But I “forgive” my tardiness because I am quite satisfied with my performance yesterday: asking Ruth a question in class.
Since I knew I have a task to finish, I remind myself at the very beginning of the class: find something you are not clear about, stand up and speak out loudly! But I have to say that does affect my listening. Instead of paying attention to the lecture, I kept on finding question. Yes, asking question should be a natural and spontaneous action and I am not good at that. Finally I got a chance and asked a small question. It is so minor that I now forget what it is!
As the saying goes, opportunity favors the prepared mind. Then there came the chance: Ruth asked us what we’ve learned from the activity! I tried to organize my language but just at that moment, Ruth decided to choose a student to answer. Oh, she must be upset about us inactive Chinese guys. What should I do? Stand up despite I am not well-prepared? Or let the great chance slip away. A voice appeared: do wait for the perfect idea, just go for the good one! Then I raised my hand! I am a little surprised by that! I achieved!
Stand out!


I find that asking question is not as easy as I think but stand out is not very hard! Just be brave!
Tomorrow, oh no, today, will be a diligent day! I plan to finish my Research Proposal about Multiscale Modeling. It’s gonna be very challenging, but I have to because the deadline is around the corner! I am ready!

Research Proposal
 

2 comments:

  1. Summer! I am smiling again. Your blog is having that affect on me! I was surprised when you stood up so boldly and answered my question so clearly. You used a tone that sounded confident and I didn't doubt what you were saying. Does it sound odd to say that you pleased me very much with your answer? Now, I know it took planning, effort and courage! You kicked that yellow pig!

    Hurray for you! The images you have used here are excellent! Good luck on your research proposal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you teacher! I should be more brave after I've taken your improv class~

      Delete