Sunday, November 18, 2012

Reminiscent: a brave story of mine

Believe it or not, I used to be quite brave. And if you want to listen I will tell you the story...

Tengfei Tower. This is one landmark in my university: Xi'an Jiaotong University. When I first entered it, I was curious about everything: huge campus, grandiose library and most importantly, the various activities. I took part in four clubs and countless activities and among them is the debate competition. That's the beginning of my story...(photo from Internet)

Me and my best friend Yue Sun. Yue is one of my best friends in university. Actually I am quite hesitate about whether to participate in such a competition. You know, I am not good at debating and quite shy when speak in public. It was Yue who encouraged me a lot and finally I agreed to challenge myself and have a try! (Photo by our friend)

Fate of individual. We prepared a lot, defeated many teams and reached the final. This is the topic of the final: who is in charge of individual's fate? Individual itself or the society (environment)? I really love the standpoint we chose: It is ourselves who hold our fate. In fact, it is what I believe. (Photo from Internet)

Preparation. This photo was taken before the final. The four of us was doing the last-minute preparation. You may wonder,  was you afraid at that time? Of course yes! I was very nervous despite I had participated in many debates. But it is final, students from all our university might come and see. Fortunately, I find a great way to defeat timidity, that is preparation. The more you practice, the more confident you will be. (Photo by our friend)

In play. This is a photo of we four in the final. We were listening careful and trying to find weakness of our competitor. (Photo by our friend)

U hah, It's me! I was attacking our opponents and trying to express what we've prepared and gave them a blow. Our friend forgot to open the flash so this photo is quite dim. (Photo by our friend)

Fail but win. I have to concede that our competitors are very excellent and finally we lost the final. This is the photo that we four receiving the awards of second place. Although we didn't win out in the final, I think I gained something more meaningful than a CUP: the experience, the courage, and the friendship of our team! (Photo by our friend)

Okay, That's the whole story. Each time I see these photos, I would remind myself that anything is not as difficult as I think, I need just take the first step and prepare for it!



No comments:

Post a Comment