Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Fragments of My Life

This is a story of a Chinese girl studying in Georgia Tech as a visiting student and wanting to pursuing her further education in the United States...

You know, Chinese food is famous all over the world and so let's begin with lunch:


Chinese Lunch in the United States.   This is a typical lunch of me in the United States: instant noodle and yogurt. In fact, before coming here, I seldom eat these kind of food because they are not very nutrient. But now, it seems like that I will eat these "junk food" everyday. One main reason is that it is easy to prepare. Uh-ah  I'm a little bit lazy to cook food... I really miss the delicious food in China! (photo by Summer)


My desk.  Here comes a photo of my desk. Maybe the most "odd" thing is that there are two laptops. Yeah, I bought a new one several weeks ago. Not because computer in the United States is cheaper, but because my old one crashed down!! Oh, what a terrible thing!! There are a lot of important materials in it especially those paper work for my application! Luckily,  I took out these important data and put in my new ultrabook. By the way, I really love my new computer since it is very thin and light, and I can carry it with me easily. That does help me a lot in application! (Photo by Summer)

My favorite piece of cloth. This photo was taken when I was ten years old and from that time on, obtaining more about the nature, pursuing a higher degree and further my education in America has become my dreams. I hope in the near future, I will put on a real doctor's academic dress! (Photo by photographer)



Shoes. This photo was taken when we seven students were in the airport of South Korean and waiting to fly to Atlanta. Do you notice that there is something strange? Yes, my shoes! I wear a beautiful and formal cloth but a pair of casual slippers. Pretty strange and ridiculous. Do you want to know why? Well, the reason is that: I forgot to change shoes! Taxi we arranged had come and I was still busy with packaging. So.... In a hurry, I went downstairs without changing shoes... Sounds like a little bit funny. (Photo with the help of strange)


My roommates  Aha, here is a photo of two of my roommates  And this is a room of guttlers! To be honest, snacks in the United States are not as tasty as in China, or at least not to our taste. But we still find a lot of delicious food, such as cheese sticks! The room of gobblers is full of laughter and I feel so lucky to live with these nice roommates! They make my life in this foreign county less lonely! (Photo by Summer)

Piece of paper. Will, strictly speaking, this photo does not meet the requirement but I love it. As you can see, this is a map of the United States, the place I want to study at in the next five to ten or even longer years. To be honest, I don't know where I will be in the next year. Michigan?  New York?  California?  Or still Atlanta? I have no idea. But I am trying, trying to be enrolled to one of my dream universities. Bless me~~ (Photo by Summer)


Ginkgo Tree. This is a ginkgo tree in campus of Georgia Tech. This kind of tree always reminds me of my best friends in primary school: Guo Guo. Guo once gave me a bookmark of ginkgo leaf made by herself, the bookmark is so delicate and I still keep it now. So each time I see ginkgo I would think about our happy together time and think about my friends in China. I miss them very much, but to fulfill my dream, I know I have to endure being alone... (Photo by Summer)



Apple? Apple! Let's end with a photo of an apple. Yes, an apple! It can be the apple eaten by Adam and Eve, which represents rebellious,  brave and beginning of culture. It can be the apple hold by Venus which means things you treasure (like you are the apple in my eyes). It can be the apple that hit Newton,  which can be an interpretation of SINCE and TRUTH, two things I am pursuing now. It can be the Logo of the company Apple (If you eat a piece), which can be an indicator of creativity and innovation, qualities I need in order to do research. And finally, maybe most importantly, it is just an apple! A healthy fruit! As a saying goes, an apple a day keeps the doctor away. So my dear friends, don't forget to eat an apple everyday! (Photo by Summer)

Okay, that's the eight pieces of my life. Hope you may enjoy reading it. In a word, I miss the food and my fiends in China. I know if I stay in China, my life would be very colorful! But at the same time, I want to get a PhD degree in America, want to live a different life and going abroad is a good way to help me fulfill my dream. I am not sure whether I can get involved in the new culture and I am not sure whether I will feel empty living far away from home. I am not sure if my decision is right. I am not sure... 

Oh my dear friends, do you ever have the same feeling and do you have any suggestion?


9 comments:

  1. I like your favorite piece of clothes, you look so cute in the picture. And it seems like you have a interesting roommate. Wish you happy everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,SUMMER.
    I laughed with the picture of your shoes.
    You have a great dream and you look so smart, but even you forget something.. you're pretty.
    I always forget something...In my situation I know it's because of age. Did you bring other shoes from China??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so happy to hear that! Yes, I do bring other shoes~

      As for age, sometimes, it is just a number! If you believe you are young, then you are still young! I still remember the beginning of an article: Youth is not a time of life, it is a state of mind...

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it seems you are quite busy in applying recently, hope everything goes fine with you. Moreover, I like your photos especially the one you were in doctor's academic dress but don't you know there is a saying "An apple a day, keeps the doctor away" since you suggested us to eat apples everyday? forgive my terrible joke...haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shell Bean! Haha your joke is so funny and you are so smart!!

      Delete
  5. the food looks very delicious!! does it cooked by yourself??summer pig?? your photo is so cute!! you look more pretty now than that when you are ten !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The food...Come on, it is just instant noodle and so easy to cook. Are you satirizing me?

      As for you compliment, thank you~~

      Delete